Experience the Ultimate Golf Simulation with EA Sports PGA Tour
It has been five years since the release of Rory McIlroy PGA Tour, and now EA Sports PGA Tour is launching in just one month! This will be the first EA golf game to come out in the past five years. It will be available on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S and PC for $69.99 and those that pre-order will receive special bonuses.
EA was able to capture the nuances of each of the 30 courses at launch with state-of-the-art technologies like photogrammetry scanning, drone technology, and survey-grade GPS. They also led custom LiDAR helicopter flights to achieve more data-point-density and a higher level of realism.
Using these technologies, they were able to create precise renderings of clubhouses, vegetation, bridges, tee markers, rock formations, water, and more on-course elements. EA also visited the courses in person to understand how they play in real life, so gamers can get the full experience.
The ball behaves differently depending on the course and terrain, just like in real life. For example, the ball will roll differently on the firm and fast fairways at St. Andrews in comparison to those at Harbour Town. And ball behavior and course dynamics are also impacted by altitude, so courses above sea-level will see balls go further than those on the coast.
Additionally, each of the 4 biomes, Humid subtropical, Mediterranean, Oceanic, and Desert, have varying lighting conditions, levels of contrast, clouds, and atmospheric haze to give each course a unique look based on its location and the time of day that you are playing.
Two fantasy courses, Wetlands and Lighthouse Pointe will also be included, with more coming after launch. This includes the 2023 major courses, Oak Hill, Los Angeles Country Club, Royal Liverpool, and Olympia Fields as part of the FedExCup series, as well as Marco Simone for the Ryder Cup. On March 24, EA Sports PGA Tour will be available for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC, priced at $69.99.
0. “EA Sports PGA Tour Promises Realism “Down To The Blade Of Grass”; 30 Courses Revealed” GameSpot, 21 Feb. 2023, https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-sports-pga-tour-promises-realism-down-to-the-blade-of-grass-30-courses-revealed/1100-6511690/
1. “EA Sports PGA Tour Courses Overview Trailer Arrives Tomorrow” Operation Sports, 20 Feb. 2023, https://www.operationsports.com/ea-sports-pga-tour-courses-overview-trailer-arrives-tomorrow/
2. “EA Sports PGA Tour gets new trailer focusing on courses” GodisaGeek.com, 21 Feb. 2023, https://www.godisageek.com/2023/02/ea-sports-pga-tour-gets-new-trailer-focusing-on-courses
3. “Take a Deep Dive Into the Courses of EA SPORTS PGA TOUR” GLYFE Nation, 21 Feb. 2023, https://gaminglyfe.com/take-a-deep-dive-into-the-courses-of-ea-sports-pga-tour
4. “‘EA Sports PGA Tour' Shows Off Its 30 Courses, Dynamics, Pure Strike Feature And More – Screens & Trailer” WorthPlaying.com, 21 Feb. 2023, https://worthplaying.com/article/2023/2/21/news/135907-ea-sports-pga-tour-shows-off-its-30-courses-dynamics-pure-strike-feature-and-more-screens-trailer
5. “Ben Ramsour & Craig Penner Interview: EA Sports PGA Tour Courses” Screen Rant, 21 Feb. 2023, https://screenrant.com/pga-tour-interview-ben-ramsour-craig-penner-courses/