Brooks Koepka Rumored to Have Buyer’s Remorse Over Joining LIV Golf
Does Brooks Koepka Regret Joining LIV Golf?
According to Alan Shipnuck of the Fire Pit Collective, there are rumblings that Brooks Koepka may be regretting his decision to join the LIV Golf League. Koepka has a huge ego and has to feel like he is on the outside looking in as the PGA Tour creates ever-increasing buzz with its elevated events and state-sanctioned TGL.
Koepka signed with LIV last year after the US Open for a reported fee of around $100 million, joining his brother Chase in the Saudi-backed series and captaining the Smash GC team, which includes brother Chase, Jason Kokrak and Matthew Wolff.
The lawsuit being reviewed by arbitrators in the UK will determine whether the players have unfettered access to the Euro Tour, which would be a boon to the struggling circuit and put intense pressure on the PGA Tour to forge a truce with LIV. Secretly, PGA Tour commissioner Jay Monahan would love for some big-name LIV guys to come home as it would be a P.R. bonanza for the PGA Tour.
Koepka currently ranks 78th in the world and is ineligible to play in the Ryder Cup this fall due to his suspension. He missed the cut at the International Series Oman event on the Asian Tour, which likely represents where his game and motivation are at.
The news of Koepka's potential buyer's remorse comes just a day after the release of the Netflix documentary series Full Swing, which showcased the lives of professional golfers on and off the course during one of the most tumultuous years of the sport, owing largely to the creation of the LIV Golf Tour.
It remains to be seen whether Koepka will return to the PGA Tour, as it may require some groveling, but it would be a huge story if he did. As the golf season unfolds, there could be some intriguing scenarios in which a few of these LIV Golfers admit their mistake and want to return to the PGA Tour.
0. “Brooks Koepka Reportedly ‘Rethinking' Move To LIV Golf, May Be Looking At A Way To Return To PGA Tour” OutKick , 16 Feb. 2023, https://www.outkick.com/brooks-koepka-regets-liv-golf-move-pga-tour-return/
1. “Is Brooks Koepka Having ‘Buyer's Remorse' Over Joining LIV Golf?” Golf Monthly, 16 Feb. 2023, https://www.golfmonthly.com/news/is-brooks-koepka-having-buyers-remorse-over-joining-liv-golf
2. “Major LIV Golf player reportedly has ‘buyer’s remorse’” The Comeback, 16 Feb. 2023, https://thecomeback.com/golf/brooks-koepka-liv-buyers-remorse.html
3. “Report: LIV Golf's $100m man Brooks Koepka has ‘buyer's remorse'” Golfmagic.com, 15 Feb. 2023, https://www.golfmagic.com/liv-golf/report-liv-golfs-100m-man-brooks-koepka-has-buyers-remorse
4. “Brooks Koepka has ‘buyer's remorse' on move to LIV Golf” New York Post , 16 Feb. 2023, https://nypost.com/2023/02/16/brooks-koepka-has-buyers-remorse-on-move-to-liv-golf/
5. “Brooks Koepka's game and LIV Golf League departure discussed in Netflix documentary – Money Today February 17 …” NNN NEWS NIGERIA, 17 Feb. 2023, https://nnn.ng/brooks-koepka-is-rethinking-his-career-choice-and-may-seek-a-way-back-on-pga-tour
6. ““Rethinking his career choice” – Brooks Koepka is having ‘buyer's remorse’ over his $100m move to LIV Golf” Sportskeeda, 16 Feb. 2023, https://www.sportskeeda.com/golf/news-rethinking-career-choice-brooks-koepka-buyer-s-remorse-100m-move-liv-golf
7. “Does Brooks Koepka regret leaving the PGA Tour for LIV Golf?” National Club Golfer, 17 Feb. 2023, https://www.nationalclubgolfer.com/news/does-brooks-koepka-regret-leaving-pga-tour-liv-golf/
8. “LIV Golf rumors: Brooks Koepka wants mulligan after defecting from PGA Tour” msnNOW, 16 Feb. 2023, https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/golf/liv-golf-rumors-brooks-koepka-wants-mulligan-after-defecting-from-pga-tour/ar-AA17zJEV