Are You Looking for a Golf Trip of a Lifetime?
Are you looking for a golf trip of a lifetime? Scotland is home to some of the best golf courses in the world and has the perfect combination of challenge, scenery, and atmosphere. With a wide variety of courses ranging from the historic St Andrews Old Course to the modern Castle Stuart Golf Links, there’s something for everyone.
When planning a golf trip to Scotland, there are several important decisions to make. First and foremost, you’ll need to decide when to go. The traditional travel season runs from April to October, but most courses require play off of fairway mats during the winter months and some marquee names, like Castle Stuart and Kingsbarns, are even closed altogether.
Next, you’ll need to know the visitor tee time options. Many of Scotland’s top courses, like Royal Troon and Muirfield, only offer tee times to visitors on certain days of the week, so it’s important to plan accordingly. For the Old Course at St. Andrews, you will need to decide whether you want to pay for a premium guaranteed tee time or take your chances with the much more cost-effective lottery options. Regardless of where you plan to play, it’s important to start planning early as the top courses can book up over a year in advance.
When planning your itinerary, you’ll need to include green fees, accommodation, and transport. The green fees for the courses mentioned in this website vary from £12 to £300 per round per person, depending upon what time and date you play. You’ll also need to decide on the type of accommodation you prefer, whether it’s a luxurious five-star hotel or an authentic B&B.
Finally, you’ll need to decide whether to plan the trip on your own or to enlist the help of a golf travel company. If you have any doubts, then perhaps it’s best to “hit the easy button” and hire a professional.
If you’re ready to plan your trip to Scotland, fill in the enquiry form and let us put your itinerary together, along with your accommodation and transportation; leaving you to relax and look forward to the golf break of a lifetime.
0. “Scotland Golf Packages – Vacation Trips And Tours” www.hiddenlinksgolf.com, 20 Jan. 2023, https://www.hiddenlinksgolf.com/scotland-golf-packages/
1. “Scotland Golf Trips – How to plan 5 star Scotland Golf Vacations” www.heartlandtravel.co.uk, 20 Jan. 2023, https://www.heartlandtravel.co.uk/scotland-golf-trips/
2. “Scotland Golf Trip Advice – Golf Vacations Forum – TripAdvisor” www.tripadvisor.com, 20 Jan. 2023, https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i15987-k5316321-Scotland_Golf_Trip_Advice-Golf_Vacations.html
3. “When is the Best Time of Year to take a Scotland Golf Trip” www.haversham.com, 20 Jan. 2023, https://www.haversham.com/bakers-blog/when-is-the-best-time-to-take-a-scottish-golf-tour/
4. “5 Aside: Planning A Scotland Golf Trip” cloud9golfandtravel.com, 20 Jan. 2023, https://cloud9golfandtravel.com/5-aside-planning-scotland-golf-trip/
5. “Scottish Golf – Green Fees to Suit All Pockets” www.scottishgolfhistory.org, 20 Jan. 2023, https://www.scottishgolfhistory.org/news/scottish-golf-green-fees-2018/
6. “Build Your Own Golf Tour – Book Now | Scottish Golf Packages” scottishgolfexperience.com, 20 Jan. 2023, https://scottishgolfexperience.com/build-your-own-golf-tour/
7. “How to Plan a Golf Trip to Scotland – 12 Important Decisions” www.haversham.com, 20 Jan. 2023, https://www.haversham.com/bakers-blog/scotland-golf-trip-planning-decisions/
8. “St Andrews and Scotland sample golf tours” gingerbeergolftravel.com, 20 Jan. 2023, https://gingerbeergolftravel.com/st-andrews-scotland-sample-tours/